Stockeld welcomes the magical world of Circus to our Spring Adventure! Book early for FREE big top entry!
Circus celebrates the dazzling world of showmanship & entertainment, ask any child if they’ve heard of the Circus and thoughts of dancers, daredevils, slapstick clowns, clever acrobats, jugglers and jokes lights up their eyes.
Circus is a magical form of traditional entertainment that was founded here in the UK and celebrates its 250th birthday this year!
In 1768, on an abandoned patch of land near London’s Waterloo, showman, entrepreneur and equestrian rider Philip Astley drew out a circle in the ground and filled it with astounding physical acts. This spectacle was the world’s very first circus. His 42 foot ring, the thrilling combination of jugglers, acrobats, clowns, strong men, bareback riders inspired the birth of every circus across the globe.
We’re excited to host The National Festival Circus as they pitch their big top at Stockeld as part of their 250th Anniversary of Circus tour!
With even more thrills, laughs & excitement The National Festival Circus invite you to celebrate this spectacular anniversary with them – promising the most interactive circus experience on earth! And what’s more – it’s completely animal free – promoting a fantastic compassion for our wild friends to young audiences around the world!
The National Festival Circus Facts
- The National Festival Circus’s big top is specially constructed in Florida and is set up and dismantled over 60 times a year as the circus travels on its 10,000 mile tour across England, Wales & Scotland.
- In 2018 the circus will travel as far north as Lochgilhead in Scotland and as far south as Devon in the West Country.
- With over 30 years of touring the circus has been seen by nearly 2million people worldwide.
- Our south American juggler has performed all over the world including Disney World & Las Vegas! He can juggle 7 spinning hoops all at the same time.
- Our slapstick clowns Bumble & Piccalo use over 10,000 buckets of water every season in their slapstick routines.
- Bumbles clown boots are over two feet long and were specially designed and made in Mexico.
Book your Day Pass now for the Spring Adventure and for a limited time offer you can enjoy the Circus Show for FREE (usual price +£5 per person)
A Spring Adventure Day Pass includes…
– Roller Skating
– The Enchanted Forest
– 5 Adventure Play Areas
– The Maze
– Indoor Inflatables
– Outdoor Giant Slide
– Outdoor Bouncing Pillow
– Go karts
– FREE Circus Show at either 12pm, 2pm or 4pm (limited offer whilst availability lasts!)
*Bumper boats and Scooters are alos available for a small supplement. These activities may be height/age/competency tested. You can purchase tickets for these addisional activities at the Park, on the day.