Welcome to the Adventure blog!
Big news and a regular dose of magical inspiration for family days out at Stockeld Park!
Stockeld Park reopening for Summer 2020
We are reopening for magic and summer adventures on 18th July! We’d like to thank you for your patience through this challenging time.
While we’ve been closed we’ve been caring for the forest, supporting our staff and preparing everything ready for when it is time for you to return…and that time, is now!
Firstly, we are pleased to confirm that we have successfully applied for the We’re Good To Go Industry Standard and that Stockeld Park is indeed, good to go! Acquiring the Industry Standard mark means that we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, have a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
- In order to stay in line with Government guidance, as we’re sure you will expect, some facilities such as indoor play, the maze, boats and skate won’t be available, as we are unable to safely open these activities while adhering to social distancing measures. This is reflected in the reduced ticket price. We plan to review government guidelines on a regular basis and open additional facilities if and when we can.
- Handwashing and sanitising stations have been installed throughout park.
- As we know, risk is significantly reduced outside, so in order to reduce the amount of time spent indoors, the cafe will be closed and there will be outdoor catering only. You are welcome to bring your own picnics too! We have limited covered space so come prepared and dress appropriately for the English weather! See our food and drink pages for more details!
- We have enhanced our cleaning processes in all areas, including regular cleaning of all play equipment.
- We are no longer accepting cash as a form of payment in order to reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
- Toilets will be accessed through a new entrance, which will be manned by one of our team to monitor the number of people indoors at any one time.
- All of our team have received specialist training.
- Our capacity per day will be limited and guests must pre book, to assist with social distancing.