Welcome to the Adventure blog!
Big news and a regular dose of magical inspiration for family days out at Stockeld Park!
Family Fun Winter Activities: Start the New Year on a High
What’s a better way to start the new year than to enjoy it outside? January is perfect for breaking through the winter blues, dressing warm and cosy, and enjoying the beautiful outdoors.
Spending time outdoors will improve your mental and physical well-being. Exposure to the sun increases your vitamin D and serotonin levels (the happy hormone!). Now’s the time to ditch your family’s winter hibernation and visit Stockeld Park!
Winter Activities for Kids at Stockeld Park
Christmas Adventure: Last 8 Days of Holiday Fun
We’re waving goodbye to the Christmas Adventure in January. But there’s still some winter magic on offer until Monday, the 8th of January. Your family can participate:
- Playhive*: Our indoor play centre will let your child’s imagination go wild! From interactive games to giant slides, the Playhive is perfect for those miserable, rainy days.
- Snowflake Maze: Explore over 2 miles of sparkly twists and turns in our giant Snowflake Maze. Put your brain to the test and see if you can conquer this 8-foot-high labyrinth!
- Winter Illuminations: Missed our Christmas lights show? See our award-winning Enchanted Forest turn into a spectacular, dazzling winter wonderland.
- Ice Skating: Take the whole family to our covered ice skating rink, which surrounds itself with open-air views across our parkland.
Winter Fun: 13th January to 17th March
Looking to keep your kids active during the winter? Look no further than our Winter Weekends.
Winter Weekends will run from 13th January to 4th February. February half-term activities occur from the 4th to the 10th of February, and the Winter Weekends restart from the 24th of February to March 17th.
- Playhive*: Travel through our four interconnected worlds of space, air, sea and the grizzly jungle. Journey across high-level walkways, slide down spiralling tunnels and play until your heart’s content!
- Covered Ice Skating: Our large ice skating rink opens again for all you eager skaters! Learn our ice skating tips so you can tackle the ice in style. The rink will close on February 18th.
- Outdoor Adventure Playgrounds: Across our park, there are many exciting pit stops your child can climb, swing and slide down! Choose from the Woodsands Cove, Teepee Encampment, Tangle Tree Climb, Farmer Foster’s Barnyard or brace the Spider’s Lair!
- Magical Maze: Keep the family entertained with our giant Magical Maze, which will keep little legs busy! Cross bridges, hit dead ends and discover unexpected obstacles.
- The Enchanted Forest: Our winter wonderland is returning to its natural state! Stroll down the paths of our ancient woodland to new adventures your children will love.
* Your children’s safety means everything at Stockeld Park. To avoid any bumps and bruises, adults must accompany and supervise children under 16.
Beat the Winter Blues – Book Your Tickets Today!
Round up your young explorers and join Stockeld Park for our unforgettable winter activities. Our Christmas Wonderlands finishes on the 8th, so get your tickets now! But don’t worry if you miss out; our Winter Weekends are available for online pre-booking starting today.